Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Comment on NPR.org on Erzebet

Of course, Jason Porath calls Erzebet a serial kller, and we know this is based on 19th c. hearsay, based on 17th c. hearsay, but whatever. He makes his point. I think he should include Boadicea, Catherine de Medici, Catherine the Great, and Mary I in his who's who of princesses who would never make Disney. Oh, and there is also Grania, the pirate Grace O' Malley. When I think of it, if Erzebet is a serial killer, what is Bloody Mary I herself? Or, for that matter, my own beloved Queen Victoria, whose armies conquered and executed so many under her reign, not to mention those executed during her long reign as queen. Even Gloriana herself, Elizabeth I, is not without blood on her hands. I don't know what all this means, but what will we have to say about our own first woman president, should she end up in a war? Ellen Tsagaris • a minute ago Thank you for an interesting story. The life of Elizabeth Bathory is being revisited and rethought even as I write. Thank you for mentioning her. Dr. Ellen Tsagaris, author of "The Bathory Chronicles; Vol.I Defiled is my Name" and the blog "An Apologia for Countess Erzebet Bathory."

No comments:

Post a Comment